I haven’t watched Breaking Bad. Whew, I needed to get that off my chest. I also need to admit that I feel really bad about not making the commitment to watch the show. I’ve heard its really, really good. It also means I can’t be a part of the final season, since I’ve never watched any of the seasons. And I know I’ll eventually watch it on Netflix, but I can’t seem to get started.
But then I started thinking about all the other things I’ve never watched. The classic movies. The great TV shows. So here’s a list of some of the things I really have to watch.
• The Godfather, Part 2 – I can’t believe that I’ve never sat through the entire thing from start to finish. And since its been on TV 10 million times, I’ve probably watched the entire thing – just not in one sitting. I really need to see this one.
• Breakfast at Tiffany’s – I just can’t seem to sit through this film from beginning to end. I always tune out as soon as George Peppard starts to talk. I guess I can’t get past the “A-Team” with him. Most people tell me this movie is pretty good.
• Fight Club – Don’t know why – I have no interest. I like Ed Norton. I like Helena Bonham Carter. I like Brad Pitt. Can’t watch it.
• To Kill a Mockingbird – At least I know why I won’t watch this movie – its because the book is one of my favorites of all time. I don’t think I can watch this movie without destroying the image that’s in my head. I have a picture in my mind of Scout and Jem and don’t want the movie to change that image. I’m probably wrong. Is this movie good?
• Raging Bull – Just like The Godfather, Part 2, I’ve probably watched this entire movie – just not in one sitting. I think DeNiro is amazing. As is Joe Pesci. I think I really need to watch this one.
• The Big Lebowski and Fargo – Don’t know why. Never got to ‘em. And I know they’re both great. Please tell me I’m an idiot and need to watch these immediately.
• The Graduate – OK – I actually think I saw this film. I just don’t remember anything about it. Except the party “Plastics” scene – and the “Cross in the door” at the end. Everything in between is a blur.
• Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid. Redford and Newman. Nominated for Best Picture at the Oscars. Never saw it. I know I should. But I haven’t.
• Game of Thrones – I’ve never watched a single episode. I don’t even know what it’s about. And yet everyone tells me I’d love it.
• Arrested Development – I don’t think I could deal with another dysfunctional family
• Dexter – Heard it was good.
• Six Feet Under – I feel bad about this one. I heard it was amazing. I really have to go back to the beginning and watch this one.
• The Walking Dead – Zombies? Really? Is it that good?
• Boardwalk Empire – After the Sopranos I turned off HBO . I love Steve Buscemi. So I think I really have to watch this one.
I’m sure there are hundreds of other shows I should watch and missed. Hundred of movies that I would love. But there doesn’t seem to be enough hours in the day to do everything. So unless you tell me otherwise, I’m going to beginning watching Breaking Bad this weekend. A Netflix marathon.
I’ll let you know how it goes.
PS: If you have any suggestions on something I should be watching, please let me know in the comment box below.